Fabrication and Site Installation
SDL Nobel’s particular expertise and experience in Azerbaijan lies in the fabrication and installation of structural steelwork, pipework systems including high pressure flowlines, vessels, tanks and related equipment packages.
- Fabrication and installation of structural steelwork components
- Fabrication and installation of piping system components, carbon, exotic steels and glass reinforced epoxy
- Surface preparation and coating application of constructed steelwork
- Dimensional control and laser surveys
- Inspection of fabricated materials
- Pressure testing of fabricated materials
The SDL Nobel fabrication facility comprises 4 bays of a large factory unit each 155m in length x 17m wide fully serviced with overhead travelling cranes. The integral NDE area, pressure testing bay and blasting and coating facility ensures a seamless progression of work through the facility to the dispatch point.
Our fabrication facilities cover a range of techniques including but not limited to:
- Manual metal arc
- Tungsten inert gas
- Gas shielded metal arc, and
- Sub-arc welding (high deposition)
Our approved welding procedures cover a variety of welding and material configurations, combined processes and dissimilar material applications.
Our welding operations are carried out in accordance with independently approved Weld Procedure Specifications (WPS) and Weld Procedure Qualification Records (WPQR), and cover a range of materials from conventional carbon steel tube, plate and sections through to super-duplex and stainless and exotic steel applications. SDL Nobel operate a permanent exotic material “clean” fabrication shop utilising one of the four bays in our facility for duplex and stainless steel fabrications.
As experienced welders and fabricators we fully appreciate the importance of quality control and process inspection activities. Inspection services include:
- Visual examination and assessment
- Dye penetration assessment
- Magnetic particle assessment
- Ultrasonic examination, and
- Radiography examination
In addition we provide a series of pre and post weld heat treatment services according to the materials, material thickness, weld configurations and client approved weld procedure specifications.
In accordance with our procedures we progressively compile comprehensive quality records to accurately record all welding and inspection operations and parameters.
- State of the art fabrication facility
- Wide range of fabrication techniques
- Experienced welders and fabricators
- Approved to work on a variety of welding and material configurations
- Full compilation of comprehensive Quality Assurance records