SDL Nobel complete a range of coating applications as part of their fabrication process where they operate a dedicated blasting / painting workshop.
In addition, SDL Nobel have the capability of providing a site based painting service.
We work closely with assets owners and operators in order to appraise, analyse and ascertain the best methods for carrying out surface preparation and the application of modern protective coatings to support through life-cycle maintenance and cost.
We use the following surface preparation techniques dependent upon substrate, application and configuration:
- Mechanical hand preparation
- Grit blasting - open and closed loops
- Wet abrasive blasting
- Hydro and bead blasting
- Closed circuit blasting
- UHP jetting
Our field of expertise embraces the application of the following coatings:
- Epoxies, alkyds and urethanes
- Anti-fouling and deck coatings
- Anti-skid tiles and coatings
- Glass flake systems
- Epoxy, coal tar and oil based systems
- Intumescent and cementitious systems
- Thermal metal, arc and flame spraying
- Galvanising systems
- Range of surface preparation techniques
- HP/UHP abrasive blasting
- Multi disciplined application methods